Brandon York - Heart Failure & Blood Clots from 1st Dose of Johnson & Johnson Vaccine

Brandon York, took the Johnson and Johnson Covid vaccine on May 13, 2021.


Brandon’s story:

It started with symptoms after 2 days. I developed pneumonia in both lungs and my heart function slowed to only 10 percent. This allowed for a very large thrombosis (blood clot) to form in my lower heart. I am constantly being monitored. My blood pressure will drop due to certain meds and my heart rate stays elevated mostly. It is a constant fluid build up in my body which causes me to swell. When too full, I can't breathe hardly. This battle they tell me will go on for up to a year before I will see much improvement with my heart function. I will no longer be able to work and make a living during this year. I will apply for disability, but they tell me that's 6 months plus away, even if approved. I need help supporting my needs during that time. Any help would be welcomed, even if my pride is hating this, and it would be appreciated. Thank you for your support and love and prayers. God bless!!!!


I'm currently in Lourdes Hospital in Paducah. One of my cardiologists may send me to Vanderbilt in Nashville.

UPDATE: I have an appointment in Nashville on July 6th. They did a heart cath at Lourdes. Vanderbilt wants to verify and make sure I'm on the best path for this forward. I still only have 10% of my heart working, so my battle is still long and difficult. Much prayers and support are needed and appreciated! Thanks


July 6, 2021 UPDATE: I had a small stroke on Friday. It was very scary when it happened. Luckily, it only affected my vision for a few days. I had an MRI done of my brain and they found no damage. The doctors at Lourdes believe a small part of the blood clot in my heart broke off and traveled to my head. I came home yesterday, awaiting an appointment in Nashville. The cardiology team at Vanderbilt want to take a look at me. I'm waiting on the appointment for a doctor there. Still weak and not able to do much.


July 16, 2021 UPDATE: I will get a second opinion this Monday July 19th at Vanderbilt in Nashville. They will do some tests and check my medicine regimen to see if it is being effective so far. I am looking forward to some positive feedback. I feel stronger from all the love, support, and prayers I've received so far. Thank you to all of those who have been in my corner, and sent me such hope and optimism. Much love to everyone!


July 19, 2021 UPDATE: I went to Vanderbilt in Nashville July 19th. They added 2 more meds to my already endless list. They think that Paducah started the meds too early since I had too much fluid around my heart. My heart rate is still high, which is causing my heart to work harder, but be less productive at the same time. They will also do an MRI on my heart, and another heart cath within the next 2 weeks. The blood clot is slightly smaller so that is good news. The meds are gonna be the play for now to see if my heart responds over the next 3-6 months. If it does not, a heart transplant will be an option then. They want to save my heart first if possible.


July 26, 2021 UPDATE: I am scheduled for another heart cath on August 4th at 1:00pm in Nashville. I'm scheduled for a heart MRI on September 9th. Nashville is on the ball and trying to determine the right course of action. Thanks for your support and love for me. God bless you all!


August 7, 2021 UPDATE: As of 8.6, I tested positive for Covid! I was definitely surprised with this news. I'm fully at a loss


September 17, 2021 UPDATE: I had a Heart Cath and MRI in Nashville last week, and now, the doctor would like to put a permanent defibrillator in my chest. I will have this done during October 2021. Will post update when a date is scheduled. Thanks for all the support and love and prayers!


October 7, 2021 UPDATE: The infamous Vaccine record card. May 13th will always be a date I will recall as a life-changer! Still at the same point currently with my health. No dramatic changes in either direction. Still remaining positive that I'm going to make a full recovery! Thanks for all your love, support, and prayers! I couldn't do this without yall!!! God bless everyone!!!



October 13, 2021 UPDATE: I am going to a follow-up appointment with my cardiologist, Dr.McDermott on Tuesday coming up. Wish me luck!


October 21, 2021 UPDATE: The Large blood clot in my heart is no longer there due to the blood thinner, Warfarin, dissolving it. I still don't have any significant improvement in my ejection fraction percentage yet. But overall, I praise Almighty God for helping me through this turbulent time in my life. He seen fit to get the large Thrombus out of my body so that is a large blessing for me.... thank you Lord for all you do for me and my heart function, helping me along the path to healing and life! Thank you everyone for continued prayers and support, and your wonderful love you show me and my family throughout this fight! Please God bless every one of you!!!


October 24, 2021 UPDATE: Back to my main cardiologist, Dr. McDermott, on the 25th. I'm looking forward to hearing feedback from my tests in Nashville from him. I also go to my primary care physician, Dr. Hogancamp, the 25th also. I'll update soon with the latest...